yzfreddy

Celebrating life through the eyes of a three year-old.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Happy Prayer



"Hebby Fadder"

That is the opening line of each assisted prayer given by my 3 year old each night to his Heavenly Father.

"Thank you for my day."

That line is usually, but not always, next.

"Please help me be happy."

That was placed there by me, his mom, intentionally because he was very tired from his day. He had been crying because the day was at an end. He wasn't too tired, though. He interrupted the prayer with:

"I not want to be happy!"

"Okay," I said and quickly helped him finish the prayer and lie down on the bed.

"I not want to be happy!" he said laying on his pillow.

"Okay, you can be unhappy."

"I not want to be unhappy...I just want to be Freddy!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home